Sunday, March 31, 2013

L'BRI Skin Care Review

I recently had a chance to try out some products from a company called L'BRI. The company was founded in 1998 by Linda and Brian Kaminski (they combined their first names to get the name "L'BRI"). It's a direct sale company that sales skin care products. The products are made in the USA and are all natural based with the main ingredient being aloe.  There are many products to choose from including skin care trios, body/face scrubs, sunless tanners, and makeup.  I was sent a Skin Care Trio kit for Normal to Combination/Oily skin. There are skin care trios and other products for every skin type.  While the samples sizes looked tiny, I was very surprised at how long they lasted. Just about everything lasted me two weeks; plenty of time to try out the routine and see how my skin reacted. 



When I started using the kit, my skin had some small blemishes and my pores were pretty big. I made sure to pay close attention to these areas as I started the routine. It's a 3 step process, but unlike most of the skin care products found in stores, these are all natural and have a nice spa-like scent. 
1. Deep Pore Cleanser- This had a gel-like consistency. It does not lather, but you massage it into your skin and add more water if needed. It made my skin feel fresh and clean, but not dry after. Loved the mild scent!
2. Deep Pore Refresher- this is a very mild toner used to prep your skin before you moisturize. It did help remove some of the extra residue on my face after I washed. I also think it helped open and clean out any dirt and oil in my pores.
3. Oil-Free Moisture Lotion- This was the most interesting product. It was very light weight and the directions tell you to add a small amount of water to help massage it into the skin. I was not as crazy about this as the rest of the products. I think that this would work great for me in the summer when my skin is more oily, but I didn't feel like it hydrated me enough and I ended up with areas of dryness. Anyone with oily skin would love this! This definitely helped keep me shine free throughout the day. I would like to try this again in the summer.

Extras:

The kit also came with samples of some of their masks and peels. These are used in conjunction with the Skin Care trio. The eye gel is used every day. I alternated using the masks every other day so I used each one about twice a week. My only complaint about these samples is the packaging. I'm not a fan of foil samples because it's hard to get more than one use out of them. The eye gel dried out a little at the top so I had to peel off dried up gel each time I wanted to use it. I prefer the small bottles with twist off caps to the foil packets.
*Smooth n' Firm Eye Repair Gel- This is a nice cooling gel that helps reduce puffiness around the eye area. It felt great, especially on early mornings. It definitely helped with my puffiness, but I did not notice a huge difference in the darkness under my eyes. Usually eye creams take several months before you really notice a difference.
*Facial Masque- this was my favorite product. It is a clear mask that you apply in an upward motion on your face. You leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse. The masque dries and gets very tight on your skin. I looked like I had just had a Botox injection before I rinsed it off! It felt a little crazy on, but once I rinsed it off, my skin felt much smoother and firmer.
*Rejuvinating Facial Peel- Another favorite. This is one of the most interesting products I've used. It goes on similarly to a traditional peel off mask, but you only let it set for 20-30 seconds. After that, you start working the peel into your skin using circular motions. It begins coming off, taking dead skin with it. I loved how fresh and clean my face felt after I was finished. I had no dry or patchy places for a day or two after using this.
*Exfoliating Face and Body Scrub (not pictured)- This reminded me of a scrub I had used on me at a spa one time. I loved the smell and texture. It got my skin very smooth, but was gentle enough that I could even use it on my face. I think this would be great to use before apply self-tanner!

Overall, I was very impressed with these products. I loved that they are full of natural ingredients and that the main ingredient is Aloe. After two weeks of faithfully using the products, my skin was clearer and smoother than before. I did have a period of a few days where I had a few break outs. This was due to my pores being cleaned out. After about the 4th day of using the trio set, I had not more breakouts! While I wasn't super crazy about the moisturizer, I do think it would work well for someone with very oily skin. I think my skin is still a little on the drier side so I may need the dry skin formula. I loved the masque and peel. Both products are very unique and helped clean up any problem areas I had.
If you're looking for a new skin care routine, I would recommend trying L'BRI and see if it works for you.  I'd love for you to support my friend Courtney and I know she'll take good care of you :) You can order your very own Free Skin Care Samples (pay $6.95 for S/H) by going to www.mint.lbri.com.  I love that the company lets you try out the products before you buy a full size!

Disclaimer: These products were sent to me for review. These are my own, honest opinions. I have never accepted money in exchange for a review

Steph

Thin Mints
*I picked up another Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain yesterday. That now makes 6. I may have a problem.
*I got a 20% off coupon for any Urban Decay product from Ulta. I can't decide what to get!
*Bella decided to take a look during the photo shoot. She loves overlooking everything and being able to pounce at any given moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment