Monday, September 30, 2013

Easy Fall Look using Drugstore Products

Fall is finally making an appearance. While I love Spring, Fall is my second favorite season. Who doesn't love cool, crisp air, pumpkin everything, and boots with scarves. Not to mention all the warm toned makeup! Here is an easy fall look I put together recently. I love when I find great drugstore products that come together perfectly.




Maybelline New York Expert Wear Eyeshadow Quads, 40q Designer Chocolates
For this look I used a new find, the Maybelline Quad Eye shadow in Designer Chocolates. The burgundy shade in this quad, it just screams fall. There's also a nice matte brown and two lighter shades that work well together.

 
e.l.f. Blush, Blushing Rose
I also love using the ELF Studio Blush in Blushing Rose. It is a gorgeous plum with slight gold shimmer. It looks scary, but can be applied lightly. It gives the cheeks a nice flush like you've been  out picking apples all day.


Revlon Just Bitten Kissing Balm Stain, Crush
Possibly my favorite products used for this look are the lipstick and balm stain. The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is my holy grail of lip colors. They're pretty hydrating, opaque, and give the lips a nice stain once they wear down.  This shade, Crush, is a gorgeous deep berry. It's great for those that want to try that vamp fall look, but don't want to look like you have goth-like lips.  I use this lightly to give my lips a nice, long lasting stain. (Another great shade that is lighter but still in the berry family is Smitten)


While the balm stain is great on it's own, it looks even better paired the Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Sheer Lip Color. These are like a lip balm/ lipstick combo. They're super hydrating and add a nice sheer wash of color. Although this one seems to be the deepest in the bunch, so it's more buildable than the other colors in this line. It seriously feels like I just applied a super moisturizing lip balm to my lips.  While these are a little pricey for a drugstore lipstick, I think they'll be well worth it during the cold winter months.



 
 
 
 
 

The rest of my makeup:
Face:
Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer
Lorac Porefection Mattifying Primer
Revlon Colorstay Foundation mixed with Covergirl Outlast 3 in 1
Benefit Erase Paste concealer for under eye circles
Laura Gellar The Real Deal Concealer on spots
MAC Minerlized Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Essence Stays No Matter What Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in black
Benefit's They're Real! Mascara


Hope you are enjoying the beginning of fall!

Steph

Thin Mints
*We are packing and getting ready to leave for the beach this week! Hoping Florida weather treats us nice.
*Stink bugs have officially taken over. Reese has been drawing them and dreaming about them.
*I have found a hilarious and awesome You Tube beauty guru. If you haven't watched Melissa Raymond (melmphs), you need to go right now! Love a fellow TN girl who knows her beauty stuff :)

2 comments:

  1. I just got the Revlon Balm Stain in Smitten and I love it! Thanks Steph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that color! So glad you like it. It really is a great formula for a drugstore brand. Another great balm stain is Jordanna. They're around 3$ at Walgreens. I hope to do a post soon on those!

      Delete