Saturday, September 21, 2013

Top 5 High End Products I've been loving

Here is part two of my favorite products from the past few months. This time I'm focusing on high end items. These are products I've been using pretty consistently for the past three months.

1. Buxom Lip Glosses from the Time to Shine set
I love Buxom lip glosses. They're creamy and pigmented and last longer than most glosses. They have a tingling effect which helps plump up your lips so they look fuller. Each year, Sephora puts out a Time to Shine set featuring 6 travel size tubes of some of their most popular colors for the season. I love the travel size because they fit nicely in my purse and still last a while. This year, the kit included 3 cream and 3 sheer formulas. The colors are 2 nude shades, 2 berry shades, and 2 red shades. All are beautiful! My favorite 3 from the set are Tiffany (a sheer burgundy with sparkle), White Russian (a sheer light pink/mauve) and Cherry Flip (a creamy red). As you can see, they are all pigmented, even the sheer shades.


2. Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sin
This shade is also in the Naked palette. I got this single last year in the Sephora Favorites kit. I love singles because they are easy to travel with. This is my go to all over lid shade. It's a bright champagne/pink that instantly adds brightness. It's beautiful with any look. Urban Decay shadows are velvety smooth, super pigmented, and easy to blend. These are easily my favorite high end eye shadows.

3. The Balm Instain Blush in Swiss Dot
I got this blush sample in a Birchbox and instantly fell in love. These line of blushes from The Balm, are a densely packed pigmented formula that leaves a long wearing stain on your cheeks all day. These truly are one of the longest wearing blushes I own! Swiss Dot is a gorgeous matte peach/orange shade that is great for every day. This was my go to shade all summer. I was so impressed with the formula, that I used my Birchbox points to order another one of these in Toile, which is a bright strawberry pink.

 
4. Laura Gellar The Real Deal Concealer in Medium
I've posted about this concealer before but it deserves another mention. With all of the traveling, swimming, and sunscreen use, my skin has had some spotty breakouts. I could not have survived with out this concealer! It is super concentrated so a tiny bit goes a long way. It's long lasting and doesn't oxidize throughout the day so once you cover a spot or redness, it sets and does not move.

5. Tarte Amazonian Escape Palette
I saved the best for last! This palette is gorgeous. I bought it back at the very beginning of summer and put it away after using it a few times because it seemed like more of a fall palette to me. I got it back out later in the summer because I wanted to use the blush. The Tarte Amazonian clay blushes are super pigmented and long lasting (similar to The Balm Instain blushes but creamier). I wanted to buy the blush in Exposed, which is a mauve pink and their number one seller. The individual blushes are $26 each so when I saw that this palette had this color plus another beautiful coral and 6 shadows for $44, I decided this was a much better deal.
It comes in a gorgeous purple clutch and while it's a little bulky for travel, it's so cushioned and closes so tightly that it helps protect all the products. This has been the only palette I travel with!
The eyeshadows are beautiful and last just as long as the blushes. There are shimmery colors (Tribal, Cameo, and Canopy), matte colors (Rope and Rare), and a satin finish (Tame). These colors are great for creating a deep, smokey look, or an every day natural look.
 
The swatches are in the same order as they appear in the palette.

I love finding great deals and I think that most of the time you can find drugstore makeup that works just as well as high end. However, I think these products are worth the money. I don't mind spending more for products that are high quality and have great staying power.

Steph
 
Thin Mints
*I'm on the hunt for a new primer. My skin has decided to be super oily even though the weather has gotten cooler. I'm thinking a mattifying primer may help.
*We're celebrating Josh's birthday this weekend with friends and maybe a cookie cake.
*My daughter is currently making silly face selfies with our iPad.



No comments:

Post a Comment